Notice regarding Processing of Personal Data
The protection of your personal data is important for Stichting Truck Cartel Recovery. We would like to inform you about how we use your personal data, also in the light of the new European regulations concerning the protection of personal data (the so-called "GDPR"). If you have any questions, you can always contact us (email@example.com).
1. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Stichting Truck Cartel Recovery is a Rotterdam-based Dutch special purpose vehicle that was founded to assist claimants pursue and recover damages caused by the Truck Cartel. We are governed by an independent board of directors to ensure that the interests of the entities that decide to join our group are fully protected and advanced. We have retained the following law firms and economic experts to assist in this endeavor: bureau Brandeis, Crowell & Moring LLP and the Law Offices of Francis O. Scarpulla.
The headquarters are located in Steupelstraat 50 3065 JE, Rotterdam, The Netherlands and registered in the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number KVK 69188165.
2. For what purposes and on what legal basis do we process your personal data?
We use your personal information only to the extent necessary for the assessment and pursuit of legal claims relating to the Truck Cartel (“Legal Claims”).
3. Which categories of personal data do we process?
Only the categories of personal data necessary for the defense of Legal Claims will be processed.
4. Who has access to your personal data?
Persons will only have access to your personal data to the extent necessary for the assessment and pursuit of Legal Claims. This will include Stichting Truck Cartel Recovery, the law firms and economic experts it retains, and the Dutch courts. We will not pass your information to third parties except as necessary for the pursuit of Legal Claims.
5. Do we transfer your personal data outside the EU?
Personal information will be transferred outside the EU only to the extent necessary for the assessment and pursuit of Legal Claims. The offices of the law firms and economic experts retained based outside the EU may receive personal data.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal information only to the extent necessary for the defense of Legal Claims.
7. Do we use automated decision-making?
We do not use automated decision-making in the sense of Article 22 GDPR.
8. What are your rights under the GDPR?
- - the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability;
- - the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- - the right to request us to restrict the processing, as well as the right to object to the processing;
- - the right to data portability to obtain and reuse personal data for their own purposes across different services, allowing to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability.
Stichting Truck Cartel Recovery reserves the right to make adjustments to this privacy notice, for example if this would be required in the light of legislative changes or guidelines of the competent supervisory authority.